April 28, 2011

Button Boutique Fun

I absolutely LOVE Button Boutique by PTI! I spent ages experimenting with it and loved every minute. You’ve already seen one of them as I used it on my easel card this past Saturday. Here is a photo of all 4 I made that day.

button boutique fun

Aren’t they so pretty! They each use different stamps with no overlap (I think).

button card butterfly

This one uses the new dies with the hearts in the center. I also bought the hearts die and added the smallest heart to the center of the larger one. Then I sewed down the center; this is the only way they are attached, no adhesive, so the wings and edges of the heart lift up!

button card green pinked square

For this one, I used the pinked square die to create a fabric look background for the buttons but it’s only patterned paper. Sorry it looks a bit washed out, the focus wasn’t great. {{sigh}} The stamped buttons on this one were just raised on foam dots to make them look 3-D.

button card masc green brwn

This one started with the green banner at the top and the 25c panel to the left. after that, it looked so masculine, I decided to go with dark brown buttons. The larger ones are cut with a circle Nesties out of Craft-a-Board with a stamped cardstock circle layered over top. before adhering, I rolled the edges of the CaB in ink. The smaller ones are punched with a 1/2” circle and match perfectly; the large CaB circles are a bit too small, there is no perfect Nesties match for the stamped buttons. But they still look pretty good to me. This is the only one where I used the hang hole. I’m not sure how much I like it. It is hard to line up perfectly and when I used a glue dot to adhere the hole die to the main card die, it embossed very deeply including the small flaw on the outer edge I had hoped wouldn’t show. So I may not use that one much.

button card floss flower

This one doesn’t photograph all that well. The peachy button is pink IRL and matches much better. This is the one I used on Saturday’s card. There are more details there. One detail you must notice though is the little embroidered flower within the button’s holes. Cute right?

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
Button Boutique-PTI
Ink: Baja, cocoa, pale plum, perfect plum, bashful blue, bordering blue, chocolate, cranberry, pink pirouette-SU!
Paper: natural white-PTI
Accessories: Button Card dies, Love Lives Here die, Heart prints die, buttons-SU!, PTI, white twine-PTI, striped twine-Etsy, foam dots-Jody Morrow, Circle Nesties, 1/2” circle punch-SU!., Japanese screw punch-Lee Valley Tools, sewing thread sewing machine

3 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh I think all four all fabulous!! What wonderful designs!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Wow, Rebecca, a fabulous display. I have to say that this is one of my most favorite stamp sets that I have ever bought. You have done some absolutely beautiful work here and I can just feel how much fun you had with it!

Hugs,
Linda

Unknown said...

Stunning, as usual, you NEVER disapoint, I can't wait to show off your goodies on Monday!