February 09, 2015

Amour Tag

This tag was for a Swap-bot swap with one of my favourite partners. She came up with the theme of Love Story. I took that quite literally!

amour tag

Since I took this photo, I added some glue to restrain that bow and keep the little lady at the top from being swallowed up by it! :) The papers, tag and leaves are by Maggie Holmes for her new Open Book collection. I just ADORE it. I added the strip of glitter to the bottom of the tag, coated the people and heart in gold paint/Copic ink and added glitter to the little bird too. I love altering embellies to make them more my own.

The ribbon was hand-dyed (by me!) and when I first made it, it looked almost fluorescent! But it seemed to go well with this bright rose paper. I used some vintage lace to go with it.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Paper:
Open Book-America Crafts, ivory cs (to make tag)-SU!
Accessories: Potty people, heart veneer-Studio Calico, lace-stash, ribbon-Hug Snug seam binding, tag, leaves-American Crafts, letters-Dollarama, Krylon gold paint pen, Copic marker, Art Institute ‘sand’ glitter, Sulyn Ind. gold sequins

No comments: