February 11, 2015

Sketch n Colour Challenge for PTI 8th Anniversary

Combining more than one challenge can be tricky but I think I did a pretty good job on this one.

rose celebrate

The clock was stamped on vellum and embossed with some very, very old SU! embossing powder. A lot of the PTI gals have been using Zing! EP lately but this one is finer so I really like the way it turned out.

untitled20

As you can see, I stretched the sketch so it would work better since my clock doesn’t have a 5.5” diameter like the card above.

untitled

I didn’t use the Fine Linen but instead used ivory. I much prefer it. The colours aren’t quite right above and I had a hard time editing them. The leaves are aqua mist stamped first with a second generation inking, then with a first generation inking for the veins. I did the same for the second and third layers of the rose. That ‘bow’ is what Melissa Philips calls a junk bow. I think i like them but next time I’ll add a few more soft ribbons and maybe add a few ribbons loops rather than have all of them single layered.

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE
Stamps:
PTI
Paper: vellum, kraft, ivory CS-PTI
Ink: kraft, soft blush, melon berry-PTI
Accessories: misc ribbons plus PTI blush grosgrain, sand sequins-Pretty Pink Posh, pick sequins-Ellen Hutson, pink EP-SU!

1 comment:

Mad Hen said...

Really gorgeous cards! I don't know why, but I'm drawn to anything with a clock on it. :)