March 18, 2015

Thanks Card Set

Sadly my great-uncle is in the hospital dying. My poor great-aunt has been there as many hours as is humanly possible. Lots of people have been helping out, bring food etc. So I figured she will need some thank you cards shortly.

sweet sketch thanks

This first card is for the Sweet Sunday Sketch. I liked the wonky panel. I like my banners to point to the right though so I flipped the sketch. The banner is actually made from white CS swiped with Tattered Rose ink. It took ages because my pad is a bit dry. But the colour was perfect with this Theresa Collins paper.

260

This next one is one of my favourite CAS sketches. I die cut the Thanks and coloured it with Copic markers. I only used two so the ombre isn’t that pronounced but it looks nice. W5 and 7. Very simple but interesting.

ombre thanks

The last card layout was one I stumbled upon. I started by trying out the colours I was thinking of using on a scrap in the bottom. I didn’t like the colours so I stamped another bunch of hexagons higher up. This colour combo was much better but when I looked at my scratch paper, I had a much more interesting layout than the single cluster I had planned. I added two more clusters, to balance everything out, and ta da!

hex thanks (2)

I had one more happy accident. I had planned for a totally flat card. Very mailable but boring. But I couldn’t think of what to add. Then I goofed and inked the stamp I always stamped in yellow in the aqua ink and stamped. Not a pretty colour, NUTS! So I stamped it on scrap paper, cut it out and added it with foam dots.

hex thanks set

The top left and bottom right most hexagons are up on foam dots. I hope my aunt likes these. I kept her in mind when I made them as she loves soft colours and quilting. I think the hexagons look like quit squares, don’t you?

Enjoy, Rebecca

RECIPE

Thanks for Your Support and Ombre Thanks
Stamps:
Thanks all ways-PTI
Ink: cup o joe-HA, tattered rose, frayed burlap-Distress
Paper: Theresa Collins DP, kraft, white CS-PTI
Accessories: die-Mama Elephant, W5, 7

Hex Thanks Cards
Stamps:
Hexagons, Thanks all Ways-PTI
Ink: harvest gold, sweet blush, melon berry, aqua mist-PTI
Paper: white, harvest gold, sweet blush, melon berry, aqua mist CS
Accessories: foam dots-Sticky Stuff Store

3 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

beautiful cards Rebecca. I am so sorry about your Great-Uncle.

Teresa Kline said...

beautiful cards Rebecca! thanks for stopping by my blog, I believe the email subscriber is working now if you would like to give it a try!

sparkle & shine *~*

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, these are all so pretty!