February 06, 2016

Kite Hooray Card

I don’t make shaped cards nearly as often as I should or as often as I used to.

kite hooray

But when I was given a kite challenge by Crazy 4 Challenges, what else could I do?? Of COURSE I had to make a kit shaped card!! The fold is on the side with the yellow paper (all paper MME). So it’s an unusual opening but very cool and unexpected! Adding the paper might seem hard but I just drew on lines from opposing corners, added adhesive and lined up the corners of the paper with the pencil lines. Then I trimmed off what was beyond the edges of the card. Easy Peasy!! Even though the sides are angled, the points where the papers meet are still good old 90 degree angles!

And yes, I remembered to only staple the tail to the front panel!! I almost forgot!! The tail is made from string (dollar store!) and some red grosgrain ribbon. I used a heated ribbon cutter to finish the ends of each piece so they won’t fray. You could also use a flame or even better, a heat gun. The hooray die (PTI) was layered on a doily die cut (Spellbinders) and the sentiment (SSS) was embossed in white on black cardstock (PTI). Last I added some gold sewing thread and gold star sequins (Lucy’s Little Things).

Enjoy, Rebecca

1 comment:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Totally fabulous kite shaped card -- love your use of patterns too